Saturday, July 14, 2007

Getting Published


I’m excited; after some fun hard work I’m having a four-page feature article, some photos, and a map (put together with the help of a graphic designer) published in next week’s Metropolis magazine (Japan’s #1 English publication). I met with the editor yesterday to go over the final details of the layout and it looks like we’re good to go. The whole thing is kind of fun for D and me because before we moved, we would sit in our kitchen in Portland and read up on Tokyo by checking out Metropolis magazine online: http://metropolis.co.jp/ (sorry, I still haven't figured out the active link thing). The article is about Yanesen, a large Tokyo neighborhood, which I now know like the back of my hand. Free tour available to all visitors of Casa de Reid.

Post meeting with editor: celebratory sparkly gold shoe purchase...


Thanks Dwayne, Marie-Adele, and Yuko for your help translating!

8 comments:

Where I Lived and What I Lived For said...

Damn! Nice gold shoes! Good job Boggs!

Krystin said...

Congrats Bonnie! I knew it was all just a matter of time :)

KO said...

can't wait to read it and see it.

hope you're doing ok after the tectonic shakedown this week.

thinking of you!

dickbird said...

Yeah!

Way to go.

Robin said...

congratulations! I love Metropolis Magazine!

Also, I just bought some gold ballet flats myself - we must be on the same footwear wavelength!

Ingrid said...

That's fantastic! Congrats on the spread. Also, I highly approve of the sparkles.

Driscoll said...

here is a link to the article:

http://metropolis.co.jp/tokyo/recent/feature.asp


and here is the podcast:
(Bonnie's piece is about 40% of the way through)
http://metropolis.co.jp/podcast/files/6952.mp3

Sarah Margaret said...

Bonnie! You are so awesome! I will read it immediately!