Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Birthday in Tokyo





My birthday was yesterday. We didn’t really plan anything. I thought we were just going to be lazy. Driscoll came home from work a little early. He peeled me off the couch and away from the television to go have a casual dinner down the street. But when we got down the street we passed all the restaurants and kept walking. We walked all the way to Ebisu, where to my surprise, we met up with friends and hopped in line to see M.I.A. perform a concert at Liquidroom.

This concert was one of the best I’ve ever seen. M.I.A. is topnotch among the world’s most original, unique and entertaining artists. She puts on an incredible show – her dancing, her voice, the music and the visuals. She is huhuhot! The show was mesmerizing. I have some of her music, but seeing her live is a totally different and better experience. If she comes through your town, don’t miss her. Characteristically Japanese, Liquidroom is super nice and very clean. Another cool thing about shows in Tokyo is that they start at 7:00 pm and end around 9:30 or 10:00. I missed so many great shows when we lived in Portland because I didn’t want to be up until 2:00 am when I had to work the next morning.

After the show we all had dinner and dessert at an izakaya in Ebisu. Fun night. We’ve got to start going to more shows.

3 comments:

Krystin said...

Happy Birthday Bonnie!

I wish I could have been there to celebrate it with you. I love you!

Ingrid said...

Happy birthday lovely lady! So jealous, I heart M.I.A.

I agree with Krystin, wish I could have been there too!

erika jane said...

happy late birthday! sorry i didn't even manage to give you a greeting at the concert. we barely made it due to nasty colds but it was worth it! you have to come over again and check out our new view.