Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Wedding in Portland


Driscoll and I were recently married in Portland, Oregon on the Sunday of September 2. I wouldn’t necessarily recommend planning a US wedding while you’re live in Tokyo. It adds stress and difficulty to an already trying task. But the good news is that living abroad can be inspiring, plugging the brain with new and exciting information. This helps shape and reform your style and taste, all of which becomes useful when you’re making choices for your big day. Looking back, I think a lot of the choices I made for the wedding were directly affected by the experience of living in Tokyo and ideas I picked up after moving here. Sure there are things we would have done differently had we planned the wedding in The States, but over all we were pleased. Besides, it’s not really the venue, food or decorations that make a wedding special (dresses and flowers maybe). It’s the people. And we’ve got some good ones. Like Michael J. Fox said about his own wedding, in an interview I watched at a babysitter’s house years and years ago, it’s just so wonderful to look out and see all the people you love in your life gathered in the same room. I’m not sure why I remember that comment he made, but he was right.

The photos are up on our flickr link/Tokyo & Other Photos

3 comments:

erika jane said...

just looked through the pictures! beautiful wedding. love everything from the paper umbrellas to the cupcakes, especially bonnie you looked gorgeous. and the weather seemed great, too!

Krystin said...

Bonnie! Thanks or posting all the photos. I had forgotten the moment where I freaked Eileen to classic Tina Turner in line at the photo booth. That was fun.

I miss and love you and can't wait to see you again.

Where I Lived and What I Lived For said...

Bonnie.
While I was riding the train to Seattle, I wrote out a postcard to you and Driscoll. Telling you how much want-ie I felt to be at your wedding. It was a beautiful postcard. It brought a tear to my eye writing it. It had a "Bride and Groom" drinking beer from the biggest mug ever.... Maybe someday you'll get it, as I found it still in my bag a couple of days ago. Stamped and ready to go!
Ha!