Thursday, February 22, 2007

Only in Japan


This happened a while ago, but I forgot to post it until now. I’ve gotten in the habit of carrying an extra pair of shoes with me. I do this because we walk everywhere, and sometimes, before you know it, you’re halfway across town in a fabric store or someplace, and you realize you’ve got a blister on your foot, and a long walk home. When we went to Kyoto, I changed my shoes on the train. I left the pair I’d taken off under the seat. I didn’t realize that I’d left my shoes under the seat until we had gotten off the train and watched it bullet away from us. In any other place I’ve been to, that would have been it. My little green walking shoes would have been lost forever. But, fortunately, we were in Japan. My shoes ended up traveling all the way down to Hiroshima, but they were mailed and returned to us within 3 days of losing them! Like I said - only in Japan.

1 comment:

Ingrid said...

How the huh?? That's amazing. Did you leave your address with lost and found? It's amazing they even have a working lost and found. I'm coming to Tokyo and losing shoes all over the bullet train.