Monday, November 12, 2007

New Life



I’m an auntie! My sister gave birth to Riley Jane Jordan on November 8. The baby girl weighs 7 pounds 3 ounces. I’ve never seen a newborn with so much hair (covered by hat in photo). I wish I could have been at the birth. Times like this make it hard to be away from home, but we’re really looking forward to our holiday visit in December. I melted when I heard her cooing over the phone. It really was the sweetest sounding thing I’ve ever heard. What an incredible feeling, having a new family member! I’m finishing up the knitting on this baby blanket, and then it’s off to The States to welcome the little one into the world.

3 comments:

Krystin said...

Yay! That baby blanket looks so, so soft.

Robin said...

Hooray for BABIES!!! Max loves his Bonnie-Blankie, I'm sure Riley will too!

Ingrid said...

I heart babies! I know everyone says this but from the Flickr photos you really can tell the resemblance to Lindsay and J.J. I love the name Riley.

My cousin had a baby a month or so ago and I have a totally new appreciation for little tykes. Their scents and noises and movements are all so special. I think it's completely different when they're actually related to you, ya know?

p.s. Love the blanket, you've got skills!